Friday, January 8, 2010

Elvis My brain has left the building

I was telling my husband that you all probably think I am a bit scatter-brained or even ditzy at times. I'm really not. I am a planner to a T, very detailed and probably a little OCD. However, during both of my pregnancies, my brain has chosen to leave my body.

Wednesday, I took a trip to our local grocery store. While checking out, my sister called. I am a 1) female and 2) a mom, so multi-tasking is something that just comes natural. That is, until I am pregnant. I check out and place my coupon pouch with phone inside in the buggy/shopping cart. <---what do you call it? I am still talking to my sister using my bluetooth. I walk to my car, press the trunk button on the remote and cannot for the life of me figure out why it won't open! Two people in the parking lot help point me in the right direction. I was at the wrong car. Same make, model and color - different license plate and owner. All the while, I am still talking to my sister (or so I thought.) Turns out - I dropped my phone back in the store and we were disconnected shortly after leaving the store. I am sure the people around me thought I was crazy for talking and laughing to myself (can't really see my bluetooth under my hair). Oh, the joys of pregnancy!

On a medical note - so far the pregnancy is going great. We had our routine growth sonogram yesterday and should know the results within a few days. Baby Boy weighs 8 ounces and is currently on target for his growth--except his legs are a little short. Not abnormally short - just a week or so behind. Somehow it doesn't surprise me that he has short legs. Have you seen Babbling Brook? Sweet Hubby? My dad? Short legs are not uncommon in this family!

We are asking, please, to keep us in your prayers as we move further along in the pregnancy. At my growth sonogram with Babbling Brook, everything was perfect. 4 weeks later (23 weeks) I was put on bed rest for preterm labor. We are praying that this does not happen with Baby Boy.

God bless,
Doni

0 comments: