Thursday, January 27, 2011

I have a new obsession that keeps me awake at night, makes a little bit of a mess and takes a little bit more of my time.  However, it provides my family with something that they all need. 


I make vegetable and fruit purees and then freeze them in 1oz cubes.  I, not only, use these purees for Calm Creek's food but I also hide them in our meals so we can all benefit.  Babbling Brook does not like any vegetable or citrus fruit.  She even dislikes juice.  Sweet Hubby and I are picky too about our vegetables so this is an brilliant way to get us to eat our veggies and we can't taste them!!  I add carrots to my marinara sauces, cauliflower to eggs, potato soup, spinach to smoothies, sweet potatoes to enchiladas and gluten-free pancakes...the list goes on and on. 

I also love knowing what exactly Calm Creek is eating.  Even organic baby food is cooked at such high temps that the nutritional value of the food is depleted.  Plus, it saves $$.  Example:  1 jar of organic baby food is nearly $1.  I bought $2.08 worth of sweet potatoes and was able to get 9 jars of food.  I bought 2 butternut squash and was able to make 22 jars of food.  I know I didn't spend $22 on 2 squash. 

I love my family so much and only want the best for them -- even if I don't sleep as much as I would like.  :)

0 comments: