Thursday, December 3, 2009

Giving Thanks




First, I am giving thanks to God for all of the blessings in our life.  I am also very thankful for the valleys and lessons learned. 

My parents and aunt joined us for Thanksgiving this year.  This was my first Thanksgiving to host and it went off with out a hitch.  My aunt said it was because "we are all pretty laid back."  I thought Sweet Hubby was going to pass out right then and there.  If any of you know my mom (or me), you know that there is not a laid back bone in our body.  We had a laugh and she rephrased.  She meant to say, we all get along and know how to deal with each others' personalities.  We had a great visit and I am so thankful they were able to join us. 

I found myself missing my sister at times.  Like the time that my mom spent the entire 4th quarter of the Texas vs Texas A&M game yelling at the TV and never taking a breath.  Kelly and I would have loved to make fun of her then.  Especially since she was cheering on Texas for the first time. Ever. In her life.  I think I remember her threatening me not to tell a soul...hmm?  Wonder what she meant by soul?  I think the secret is safe with us, right? 

Babbling Brook came out of her shell and let her true ham-self shine.  She made silly faces, fake belly-laughed to get attention, danced and babbled words that not even I could understand.  Of course, with us in the kitchen preparing "the meal" she was always "hu-mee pease" (hungry please).  She eats more than I do - definitely her Daddy's girl!

We had a sonogram Monday and the baby is growing (approx 2 inches) and is a wiggle worm.  The heartrate is a steady 164bpm.  We should find out the sex sometime in January.  So exciting! 

How was your Thanksgiving? 




God bless,
Doni

0 comments: