Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Blessed and Thankful

I want to share with you our life on a daily/weekly basis.  I work 7am - 4pm M-F from home for a teleradiology company as their systems analyst.  It is a real 7am - 4pm job.  I don't have the choice of doing my work only when the kids are sleeping.  I have to answer the phone--even if it is mid-tantrum. 

Sweet Hubby is the lead singer for a Christian trio, Beyond the Ashes.  They are projected to sing about 235 dates this year.  This means, he is gone every weekend except for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  They usually leave out on Thursday night and get home in the wee hours of Monday morning.  Occasionally, they are gone for longer. 

Babbling Brook is a night owl.  She would stay up as late as possible if we would let her.  Her bedtime is 8pm.  Now that she is potty trained, she wakes up around 6:45am (used to be 7:45-8).  She is a busy, curious, babbling 2 year old going on 13.  She has a heart of gold.  I had my wisdom tooth out yesterday and she has asked several times, "Okay?"  She is very perceptive and independent.  It only took 2 weeks to potty train her and the only time she wears a diaper is at night.  We are so thankful for our little helper. 

Calm Creek, is just that, calm and laid back.  At 3 months, he decided he no longer wanted to be rocked to sleep.  It's a little bittersweet.  He is as determined to suck his thumb as I am for him not to.  I wonder if this is any indication of how independent and determined he will be?  He still wakes up for one feeding at night.  He is a joy and lights up our world.  He adores his big sister and watches her dance and be silly.  He loves it when you sing to him and believe it or not, is WAY MORE VOCAL than Babbling Brook was at this age! 

Sweet Hubby and I make a great team.  His schedule allows us to all be home during the week and raise our children.  We clean, mow, change diapers, do laundry, bathe children -- together.  None of it is one's job over the other.  I am blessed.  I, however, will probably always do the majority of the cooking.  Sweet Hubby will agree that I am the better cook. 

I often get asked, "how do you do it?"  Meaning:  How do I work 40 hours with 2 children at home and a husband that can sometimes be gone all week long?  I don't believe that I actually do it by myself.  My husband was called to minister to lost souls.  He was called to spread God's word.  Along with his calling, I was called too.  I know that if it weren't for God, my days would be full of stress, bitterness, resentment and so forth.  I know this, because I have seen this in others.  I am very blessed and very thankful to have a job, 2 beautiful children and a husband that is a true man of God.  Don't get me wrong, there are tough days and even tough weeks but I am still very thankful. 

My prayers go out to all of the military moms and dads with spouses overseas, to the single parents that never get a break, and to all parents in general.  We have been blessed and trusted by God to raise our children.  At the end of the day, can you say, "God, I did my very best today."  I know I can't.  I fail miserably at being a parent some days.  I go to bed asking God to forgive me and to give me strength and wisdom to do better tomorrow. 

God bless,
Doni

0 comments: