Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Mini-Us

I was going to send a text to some of my family/friends with an update on life these days.  My text quickly turned into a book so I decided to blog instead.  It seems as if my time is limited and trying to keep up the blog is not a top priority.  (sorry folks)  Sweet Hubby has been on the road quite a bit lately.  He was only home 1 1/2 days this week and now he is headed off to the Lone Star State.  For their complete schedule click here.
Babbling Brook recently figured out how to get in and out of her bed.  The nightly games have begun.  The game of the week is, "Mommy, I want hug."  I am not near the sucker as Daddy is for this game.  I really don't know what she does between the time I put her to bed to when she falls asleep but I often find her socks and pajama pants on the floor beside her bed.  This afternoon she was completely naked.  We can hear her sing and recount her day as she drifts off to dreamland.  She has my energy 100%.  I know she is only 2 1/2 but I promise, she will turn 13 at her next birthday.  She is sassy and we think she even rolled her eyes at Sweet Hubby yesterday.  She has a softer side, too.  I love the way she takes your face in her hands to kiss you goodnight or goodbye.  She has such an innocence in her love, especially towards her daddy.  She misses him dearly when he is gone and is beside herself with giddiness when he is home.  It is amazing to watch her love for him. 
Calm Creek is 5 months already and will be on the move soon.  He can roll over from stomach to back and back to stomach.  His favorite thing to do is stand in your lap.  He is very much a mommy's boy (and I love it).  He is sleeping 8-9 hours at night and eating cereal 3x a day.  He is only in the 3% for weight but hopefully that will change soon.  His sister was small before she started foods too.  She did grow 2 inches over the summer but that only put her in the 10%tile for height.  What can I say, I grow small babies. 
Sweet Hubby and I are so thankful for our perfect mini versions of us.  Both of our babes bring us joy and teach us patience. 

0 comments: